Embattled cryptocurrency exchange BTC-e is considering issuing tokens via an ICO to cover user losses similar to Bitfinex.
In a fifth Russian-language update on Bitcointalk today, the exchange said it now had control of 55 percent of its reserves, with 45 percent remaining under control of the FBI.
“For the past 14 days we’ve fought for your funds and managed to gain control of 55 percent (depending on the exchange rate),” the post begins. “The remaining 45 percent is apprehended funds, most of which are fiat.”
BTC-e is facing mounting pressure from US law enforcement agencies and users alike, who have been shut out from their accounts since last month.
The FBI had seized databases and wallets from the exchange, while the US Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) said it had wanted to fine it $110 mln for disregard of AML laws applicable to operators serving US customers.
The update continues with staff saying it was “in talks with a group of investors” over a potential takeover and subsequent payout to users. It added it would no longer be able to continue trading under the BTC-e brand.
Regarding the 55 percent available funds, these, it says, will be converted to new BTC tokens.
“To achieve quicker settling of our debt obligations, BTE tokens may undergo an ICO,” the update adds.
The mystery investment outfit in question works in full compliance with relevant KYC and AML standards.
A rough English translation of the update is available here.
Bitcoin Cash Hashrate Represents Nearly 10% of the Bitcoin Network
Cryptocurrency miners have ignored Bitcoin Cash for a long time. That is only normal, as the currency wasnât profitable by any means. Now that things are turning around, BCH is quickly getting more
Revain Deploys Blockchain to Improve User Reviews of Products, Services and Businesses
Revain, an Ethereum blockchain-based platform, rewards users for providing feedback on products, services and businesses. By using blockchain technology and artificial intelligence, Revain is designed
Indorse Utilizes Ethereum to Improve Social Networks and Online Reputation
Blockchain technology finally provides the tool that can allow social networks to reward users for their network contributions and at the same time give them complete control of how their personal dat
Bitcoin Price Weekly Analysis â Can BTC/USD Hold This
Bitcoin price failed to move above the $4475 level against the US Dollar, and BTC/USD is now trading near a major support area. Bitcoin price made a good ground this past week above $4000 against
Ethereum Price Technical Analysis – ETH/USD Remains Supported
Ethereum price corrected lower against the US Dollar and Bitcoin, but ETH/USD remains supported above $294 for more gains. Yesterday, we saw a decent rise in ETH price above the $302 level against
Bitcoin Cash Price Weekly Analysis â BCH/USD Monstrous Ride
Bitcoin cash price climbed higher sharply above $900 against the US Dollar. BCH/USD is currently in a monster uptrend, looking for more gains. The past two days were amazing for BCH price as it
Ethereum Price Weekly Analysis â Can ETH/USD Make It?
Ethereum price is consolidating in the bullish zone against the US Dollar and Bitcoin. ETH/USD must clear $317 for a new monthly high. This past week was mostly neutral for ETH price as it
Binance Announces a Platform Upgrade, to Introduce New Features
Binance is one of a kind cryptocurrency trading platform, created by genuine digital asset lovers led by Zhao Changpeng. The platform, having made a name for itself for the quality services is now